Judgment Enforcement / Modification

Judgment Enforcement
After the Judgment (i.e. the divorce decree) is entered, sometimes certain post-decree disputes arise. For example, perhaps one parent refuses to permit visitation or to pay support on time. The attorney would file a Petition for Rule to Show Cause why the offending party should not be held in contempt for non-compliance. If there is not a legitimate reason for non-compliance, the offending party may be held in contempt and have to pay some or all of the attorney fees of the innocent party. Sometimes the offending party may even be jailed or have his or her driver's license suspended until such time as compliance with the court order is completed. Thus, the party in contempt holds the keys to his/her own release from jail by simply doing what he or she was supposed to do in the first place.

If you are having difficulty with your former spouse in obtaining compliance with any aspect of the divorce decree, feel free to contact Ruggiero & Associates, P.C. for assistance.

Click here to

Judgment Enforcement / Modification Continued

Judgment Modification
After your divorce decree (Judgment) is entered, a substantial change may occur which may warrant a modification of the Judgment. For example, if children are involved, child support is sometimes increased (obligor earns more or the children's expenses are greater) or decreased (obligor loses job or one of the children turns age 18), or a change of custody may be best for the children. Other times, visitation needs to be expanded or decreased because of the activities of the child, the physical distance between the parents, or a "significant other" that comes into the picture. In certain cases, a change in custody is warranted. Ruggiero & Associates, P.C. handles pre-decree (before the divorce) and post-decree (after the divorce) matters.

SEO and Web Design Copyright 2015 - 2020 Internet Highway.com

Turn Phone Sideways

for Important FAQ´s