Vincent C. Ruggiero is and has been licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois since 1984. He has practiced continually since his admission to the bar and devotes his full time to family law. He has provided legal assistance to many hundreds of divorce clients. His former experience in business (Bank Vice President, Real Estate Broker, Teacher), his litigation training at the highest level (Bell, Boyd & Lloyd, a nationally known and highly respected law firm with over 150 lawyers), and his personal life experiences uniquely qualify him in any case ranging from the most difficult custody or financial dispute to the simplest case in which the parties agree on every issue.
While many cases require litigation for resolution, often settlement can be achieved using novel approaches. For example, as a Fellow of the Illinois Institute of Collaborative Law, Mr. Ruggiero is on the cutting edge of this new approach to resolving divorce cases. Collaborative law is an emerging and cost-effective alternative to amicably settle a divorce case, and Mr. Ruggiero is one of relatively few attorneys in Illinois with a practice in this unique area of family law, explained more fully under the FAQ section of this website. Mr. Ruggiero is also a Certified Divorce Mediator, a registered Certified Public Accountant, and a member of the DuPage County Bar Association Family Law Subcommittee.
Areas of Practice:
- Divorce, Contested Custody, Alimony/Spousal Support, Trial Litigation, Business Valuations, Appeals and Prenuptial Agreements.
- Certified Divorce Mediator, DuPage County Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant, University of Illinois, 1981
Illinois Institute of Technology/Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois.
- Juris Doctor with Honors, June 1984
- American Jurisprudence Award, Advanced Civil Procedure
- William Friedman Memorial Scholarship Award
- Justinian Society of Lawyers Award
- Merit Scholarship Award
- Deans List
University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois.
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, May 1981
- Certified Public Accountant
- Illinois General Assembly, Full-Tuition Scholarship
- Order of the Sons of Italy, Scholarship Award
- Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, Scholarship Award
- Child Support and Business Expenses: Revising Section 505, DuPage County Bar Association Bar Brief
Classes and Seminars Taught:
- Divorce Law Lecturer, DuPage County Bar Association Mega-Seminar
- Real Estate Law Instructor, College of DuPage
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Certified Divorce Mediator
- Illinois Institute of Collaborative Law, Fellow
- Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker
- DuPage County Bar Association Family Law Subcommittee
Past Employment Positions:
- NLSB (Legal Advisor, Vice President of Commercial Loans, Trust Officer, and Compliance Officer) 1989 - 1994
- Taslitz, Smith & Hemmesch, 1988 - 1989
- Bell, Boyd & Lloyd, 1984 - 1988
- Goldberg & Geiser, (Income Tax Preparer) 1984
- Chicago Transit Authority (Paralegal, Law Department Litigation) 1982 - 1983