top of page

Judgment Modification 

After your divorce decree (Judgment) is entered, a substantial change may occur which may warrant a modification of the Judgment. For example, if children are involved, child support is sometimes increased (obligor earns more or the children's expenses are greater) or decreased (obligor loses job or one of the children turns age 18), or a change of custody may be best for the children. Other times, visitation needs to be expanded or decreased because of the activities of the child, the physical distance between the parents, or a "significant other" that comes into the picture. In certain cases, a change in custody is warranted. Ruggiero & Associates, P.C. handles pre-decree (before the divorce) and post-decree (after the divorce) matters.

bottom of page